1967 E type Jaguar

This iconic symbol of the best of the British motor industry will be receiving a full nut and bolt, ground up restoration to concours standards. It will be painted in BRG green with biscuit trim.

Scroll down to see more of the progress pictures!

1968 E type Jaguar

Project Status & Gallery

Update, after some more assembly this E type has gone to another owner who will finish the restoration.

Slow progress on the E type, finding time around customer cars is hard but I’m still plugging away. Got most of the exterior chrome fitted, headlight, tail lights, wiring loom, heater box etc. Nice to see it moving forward!

The E type has been painted in it’s final BRG using our usual PPG single stage paint. It looks fantastic and is now being assembled. The correctly cad plated front suspension is fitted and the rear independent suspension is currently being overhauled ready for fitting.

Due to having to prepare it for a show and also allow me to check how straight the body is I’ve decided to paint this car twice. It’s now in a ground coat of 2K red. The shine on the panels makes it easier to check the bodywork than dull primer. It’s also a better base for the final paint than primer. I’m pretty happy with the way it looks, I’ll tidy up a few details and then it’s ready for it’s final coat of BRG.

More sanding and a little more filler. It’s now in it’s final coat of 2K primer. One last round of blocking and we’re ready to make it shiny!

It’s all blocked down now and ready for another round of poly primer. I really want this car to be perfectly straight and this it what it takes, hundreds of hours of sanding. Especially as its a dark colour. It’ll be worth it when it’s done!

Slow but steady progress on the E type. Got all the gaps sorted out and the car pretty much bodywork. Today I got it into all u need primer, this is a non porous polyester primer. Because this project is moving slowly and it’s incredibly humid at the moment this is the best way of dealing with it. You just can’t have bare metal left unattended. It rusts overnight… A little tidying up of a few areas and then on to blocking it straight before it goes into high fill primer.

The bonnet, a very large, very complicated and very important assembly, was stripped down into it’s component pieces, stripped to bare metal and epoxy primed. The new engine frames were fitted to the tub and the bonnet fitted in place ready to start sorting gaps and bodywork. Also made a start on painting some of the sundry items and sent the front suspension out for cad plating as original.

There were very few rust repairs needed and once they were done it was prepped and sent out for blasting. Once it was all in bare metal it went into the booth for epoxy primer all over, plus stone guard underneath and then colour underneath and on the interior.

First job is to strip it down, mount it on a rotisserie and do some rust repairs in preparation for media blasting.

This is what I’ve started with, a pretty solid car and not much rust by E type standards!